Terms and Conditions
- Daily rates are per watercraft.
- Photo ID and/or Current Driver’s license is required at the time of pick-up.
- Rental includes canoe or kayak, personal flotation device, paddles and transportation to the drop point.
- No trips scheduled to start later than 3:00 p.m. All boats must be returned by or before 8:00 PM daily (except for overnight trip).
- Parking at our facility is at your own risk. We are not responsible for vehicles or valuables left inside vehicles.
To make a booking please use the booking facility on the website. Alternatively, you can call or email us to submit a request. Your booking is initially a request, subject to availability. You will receive an email confirmation if the booking is accepted, including a unique booking ID and your request details.
Payment in full for all rentals is due at the time of reservation. We accept Cash or Check.
*Credit Card Payments Coming Soon
*We will soon use Paypal to process secure payments online at the time of booking.
- Personal Flotation Devices are required by law and are included with rentals and provided to each participant.
- Everyone is required to wear a life vest when on the water.
- There is a limit of 3 adults to each canoe or 2 adults and 2 small children to each canoe.
- One person per seat in kayaks.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We cannot provide rental or livery services anytime unsafe conditions exist on the rivers, forests or roads.
Notice of Responsibility
Please operate your canoe or kayak in a safe manner. You are responsible for all rented equipment. We ask that you return all rented equipment in the condition in which it was received. If the equipment is not returned within the rental period, or damaged in any way, Upper Maumee is entitled to charge extra costs according to the delay or damage.
DO NOT LITTER.
Parents or legal guardians of children under 16 undertake to take full responsibility for their children and supervise them at all times. Children under 16 will not be allowed to undertake Upper Maumee trips without their parent or legal guardian accompanying them.
If you have special needs or concerns about your trip, we ask that you tell us. We sincerely want everyone to finish their trip with a smile. Upper Maumee Canoe and Kayak is a family owned business and takes great pride in what we do. Customer service. Period.